Experienced Caretaker(s) Big Cats
For a position in the Big Cat Team we are now looking for an enthusiastic animal caretaker. If you are interested, we invite you to apply!
AAP Animal Advocacy and Protection(AAP) is a European animal welfare organization based in The Netherlands. Relying on 50 years of experience rescuing and rehabilitating exotic mammals from all over Europe, we run professional facilities in The Netherlands and in Spain. Based on our expertise, AAP advocates for better animal welfare legislation preventing the suffering of exotic animals in Europe. At AAP we give shape to an ideal in a professional manner: to improve the welfare of abused or neglected exotic mammals from all over Europe. We shelter animals in need and advocate for better laws all over Europe. AAP is an internationally renowned expert and our commitment demonstrably makes the difference.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to develop yourself in the field of animal care;
- A challenging job with a lot of responsibility in an open, professional and international organization with animals and people at its heart, located in a natural environment;
- A professional working environment that encourages and supports dedication, accessibility and inventiveness;
- A contract for 32 hours per week
- Salary between € 1.034,- and € 1.250,- gross per month (x 14 payments,- gross per month (based on 32 hours) depending on relevant work experience.
What are you going to do?
- You are responsible for the daily care of our Big Cats;
- In practice your work will largely include cleaning, feeding, observing, providing behavioural enrichment and assisting in the rehabilitation of the animals;
- You will monitor the general behaviour of the animals, food and water intake;
- Easy maintenance work according to agreements and instructions;
- Administrative tasks are part of your work;
- You will work according to standard (safety) procedures, protocols and a hands-off policy;
- You will be training and guiding a number of volunteers and trainees;
- As a team you work independently and we expect you to be a good team player as well as being able to work independently;
- You are managed by the Team leader of the department.
What do you bring?
- Affinity with the goals of AAP;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the husbandry and care of big cats;
- Preferably experience with big cat positive reinforcement training and social introductions;
- Experience with other large carnivores will be an advantage;
- Capable of writing and implement working instructions and procedures;
- Good physical condition and ability to work under stress;
- Capable of working independently as well as being a team player;
- Taking initiative and solution-oriented;
- Discipline to work with protocols;
- Prepared to share knowledge and information;
- Competent in English, both spoken and written;
- Willing to work weekends and public holidays;
- Capable of working with relevant computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
Do you want more information or apply directly?
Enthusiastic, but still some questions? Please call Pablo Delgado, Team Leader Big Cat Department AAP Primadomus, phone number +34 661940442 52. For more information take a look at website: www.aap.nl/en and follow our stories on social media!
Please send your application letter and cv before the 15th of March to https://stichtingaap.onlinevacatures.nl/job/178998/apply ,attn. Elly Koppers, team manager Human Resources.
A practical assignment can be part of the application process.